Doing a full erase on a non-formatted disc hangs at 99%

Kiwi8

I 21:24:43 Operation Started!
I 21:24:43 Device: [0:0:0] Imation Slim DVD (I:) (USB)
I 21:24:43 Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: SONY-S11-00)
I 21:24:43 Media Supported Write Speeds: 3x, 4x
I 21:24:43 Quick Erase: No
I 21:24:43 Format Properly: Yes
I 21:24:43 Format Size: Preferred
I 21:24:43 Erasing Disc...
W 21:28:48 I/O Interface 'Debug Mode' has been Enabled!
I 21:28:48 [0:0:0] Imation Slim DVD (I:) (USB)
I 21:28:48 CDB: 03 00 00 00 12 00
I 21:28:48 CDB Interpretation: Request Sense
I 21:28:48 BUFFER: 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 04 04 00 80 FF FF

What could be the problem?

Was there nothing after that?

Oh and 4 minutes isn't long enough to format a disc. Give it longer. It'll take at least as long as it would take to burn the full disc at the max speed your drive supports it at.

Yah it just hung there. Anyway before I created this thread I already waited for more than 30 mins.

The thing is, the erase proceeded ok, showing the increasing percentages progressively within 5 minutes, then stuck at 99% for a long time.

I was trying to see if the issue may be the Sony disc.  I don't know if it's a compatibility issue with the drive; I was just isolating if Sony was the problem as Sony has made 95% junk since 2002.  The BD-RE I had with Sony's name on it died before its 5th rewrite.  I tried a Sony BD-R but it even failed to finish burning.

Anyway tell u what I did after my previous post.

I used the default Windows 10's built-in erasing to erase the disc. After that ImgBurn seems to treat the disc well and proceeded to burn my ISO image onto the disc.

So consider the problem solved. :seestars:

The % complete comes from the drive itself and aren't always accurate.

Something in the log just doesn't add up, hence why I asked if there was more. It's highly unlikely you enabled I/o debug mode at the exact second the drive stops processing more i/o commands. (At 21:28:48)

Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you one way or another now. :)

The % complete comes from the drive itself and aren't always accurate.

Something in the log just doesn't add up, hence why I asked if there was more. It's highly unlikely you enabled I/o debug mode at the exact second the drive stops processing more i/o commands. (At 21:28:48)

Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you one way or another now. :)

Yeah I only enabled the I/O debug mode after finding that it seems too long after 99%.

Anyway, seems that the problem is isolated to this set of Sony discs, and doesn't seem to exist in the other Verbatim discs that I used.

Thus yeah, thanks to u and the others for chipping in with your opinions and they are greatly appreciated. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.