settings changed

jrc748

I am running Windows 7 and have been using it to down load DOS files.  I would use ImagBurn to burn them on a DVD and transfer them to my stand-alone DOS Computer.  About a month ago when I did this the DOS computer would not recognize the DVD, much less read the files.  To make sure that it was not a faulty DVD player, I tried other DVD that I new worked and had no problem.  I have  burned other DVDs since then with no success transferring them to DOS.  I have tried different DVDs out of other packs with no success.  I have not change the settings, but surely something has changed.

ImgBurn.log

I tried reducing the speed to 8X with the same results.  I have to DVDs on DOS machine and get the same results on both of them.

Something I forgot is that when I started having this problem is that the copying files shows 100% complete and the bottom left side of the program says 99%.  The program stops at a minimum of 1 minute.  The first time I had the problem the program set there for at least 5 minutes after the files had copied and has had a stoppage before finishing ever since.

If the disc burns and verifies ok, it's 100% readable in the drive that wrote it. I'm afraid there's nothing more to really say about that.

Swap the dos machine's drive out for a different one and / or try some different discs.

It may also be worth trying the dos machine's drive in your Windows PC to see what's really happening when you put one of your new burnt discs in it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.