imgburn cant find SCSI / ATAPI devices...

lemarre

Hi,

Have been using this excellent software for a couple of years now without issues.....until now. I had burned a couple of Bluray's without issues, the third one failed the verify stage so I stopped it and restarted Imgburn. After restarting, the program can no longer find my drives. I searched for a solution in the forums and installed the registry alteration that allows debug mode to work in the next instance but still no change. Both LG BH16 drives are available in device manager without exclamation marks and their drivers are up to date.

I 11:03:35 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
I 11:03:35 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
I 11:03:35 Total Physical Memory: 33,475,156 KiB  -  Available: 28,876,120 KiB
W 11:03:35 I/O Interface 'Debug Mode' Enabled!
I 11:03:35 Initialising SPTI...
I 11:03:35 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

And when I try to shut Imgburn down it freezes and I need to use task manager to shut it down.

Any of you whom have just started with this program, I recommend making a donation, this is one of the best programs of it's type I have ever used.

Just a restart or a complete power down, switch off at the mains, switch on at the mains and then on again? It needs to be the latter.

With I/O Debug mode enabled, it should be logging a lot more and updating the status bar with more info. If it only ever says that exact message, one of the Windows API calls issued early on must not be returning control to the program. I have no idea which one or why I'm afraid.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.