Waiting for buffers to recover: writes versus reads

dbminter

Why is it when an image is being written to a disc, activity on the media where the image being burned is stored can cause Waiting for buffers to recover, but when the Verify is being performed, such activity has never, as far as I can tell, caused a buffer problem?

I don't understand why it works one way but not the other.  Both functions are dependent on reading the image file from the source media.

:unsure:

Does this not effect writing to USB drives?  I've noticed that if I'm reading from an SATA HDD burning to an SATA burner and there's more HDD activity, then the buffers issue comes into play.  However, I don't think I've ever encountered the same issue when writing to USB burners with the read from an SATA HDD.  Which, if I think about it :wink: makes more sense as the target is not on the same channel as the source.  The source is SATA while the target is USB.

It's the same process no matter where you're reading from or writing to.

Sata channels are independent of each other and should all be able to run at max speed at the same time. So basically, it shouldn't matter if you're doing sata -> sata.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.