why does it burn at 4x when media n drive can support 16x?

Jackofspade

hi there,

saw some previous post about the same topic but guess its too old talking about 8x media.

attached is the log.

as per topic, was wondering why did it burn at 4x? is it due to an avi file inside the compilation and the software recommended to use ISO9660, Joliet?

at verification, got the error

burn%20error.png

had the same issue with nero7, so this means it should not be software problem. the burner is like 2 months old, and first time i'm using Sony DVD+R (RITEK-F16-01)

hope you can advise :) my gut feel is the damn media problem.

ImgBurn.log

• 2 weeks later...

Ritek media can be iffy with a lot of drives.  I've never had a problem with burning Sony Ritek's, but your mileage may vary.  I stopped buying them because Ritek media is 2nd tier at best and Sony makes mostly junk since 2002.

I checked your log and am kind of surprised your Verbatims were made by Taiyo Yuden.  TY stopped making media this year.  I had never known Verbatim to farm out to TY.  Not that that's a bad thing at all.  TY made some of the best recordable CD and DVD media you could buy.  However, Verbatim does farm out to CMC for some of its products, and CMC makes the worst recordable media you can buy.

Yeah, TDK is a good brand.  Even their DVD+R DL appears to be pretty good.  It's the only non Verbatim DVD+R DL I've used where all the samples I had were still readable after 5 years.

Really the only way you'll know other than putting the disc in is to get them online and read reviews where they list the Disc ID.  Even then, the company can always change them.  Like how Optodisc changed from its decent quality dye to CMC junk and lost my business forever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.