Can I add more files to a bluray video?

maruzo

So i'm attempting to burn a 1hr 20min bluray video using imgburn 2.60 and a bd-r dl disc.  after adding the bluray video files I see that I still have roughly 19gb of space. 

my question is, can i add more files to the disc, like say some mkv files or some mp3 files to fill the unused space?

The main concern is, once i do this, will the bluray disc still work in my bluray player?

As long as you don't put those files in the folder on the Blu-Ray movie that stores the movie, I forget what it's called, it should be fine.  Whatever folder contains the most file size will be the folder you want to avoid.

I put files and folders in the root directory of DVD Video discs all the time.  Things like cover art and a folder structure that tells me the title of the DVD for easy access.

Standalone Blu-Ray players, of course, are dependent on the manufacturer so you could get a picky one that might complain.  It shouldn't, but that doesn't mean it won't.  If you've got a BD-RE DL that you know your player will play, you can always test to that first.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.