PGCEdit LB Point -- "blue" will not turn into seamless

Peppero01

Alright... Things have been going dandy with PGCEdit and Imgburn with the help of Blu's DL DVD burning guide, but today I ran across this:

LBImage04.JPG

The HIGHLIGHTED (a.k.a. LB point selected in gray) is designated as a blue line similar to that of VTST 7, 1 at Title 8. According to Blu's guide, if I want to use a green band as a LB point (which, I want to), I have to set the blue bands to seamless. The problem is, VTST 3, 2 at Title 4, which is the highlighted band, does not change into seamless despite pressing the "Seamless Cell" button. On top of that, it's a reused cell but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it? Blu's guide displayed reused cells as yellow which is where my confusion is coming from.

Is something off here?

Edited by Peppero01

The entry point to ANY PGC must be non-seamless, by definition. You can't change it. PgcEdit won't let you change it, either (it's greyed out in the PGC Editor). So, don't sweat on it, just change to a green, if you wish. So, nothing to do for title 4 (VTST 3, 2).

Not sure if title 8, cell 2 was the old LB. Normally, in the absence of angles (which this is not), you can make this seamless without any issues. But, I'd leave it alone.

Remember, in ImgBurn, to select the same cell as in PgcEdit and tick don't update IFO/BUP files.

Regards

Sorry, I'm slightly confused. The picture may have been a bit misleading. The grey band is actually a blue band (I just clicked on it) -- is it still an entry point and therefore shouldn't be touched?

EDIT: Pfft... never mind. The thinking cap wasn't on for a bit, but I got it. Quick question, though--how did you know there was no absence of angles (what is that anywho? :P) and to leave the other blue band alone? I thought blue bands should be set as seamless once another green band was set as the LB point. Wouldn't leaving it as "non seamless" make it kind of wonky?

Edited by Peppero01

More than likely, the original LB is on title 8, cell 2 and also more than likely you can make this cell seamless (its VCID of 1/2 follows the previous one of 1/1, which is very normal) but I'd like to see the original and final IFOs to be sure.

PgcEdit will show you if there are angles/interleaved units on the DVD when you double click a title. You need to take special care in breaking around these. Most DVDs do not have ILVUs or angles.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.