backup my dvd using imgburn

kevinvo1981

Hi everyone,

I'm new to imgburn and im lost.

I used dvd decrypter to backup my dvds that are under 4.7gb before.

I want to back up my dvds that are double layer and are larger than 4.7gb.

I am confuse with the build and write in imgburn.

Can i backup my dvds movie with just imgburn? or do i need to use another program to create Vob, Ifo and Bup files?(if this is the case can i use dvd decrypter in file mode to create these files?) then use imgburn to convert these file to image using build then use write to create the back up.

what about the layer break? This is necessary to backup double layer disc right?

Please help me out, i'm new to double layer backup

i've read the guide but still confuse on what to do, please guide me through from the beginning.

thanks,

kevin

Welcome to ImgBurn Forum.

ImgBurn simply writes files to disk and does not get them from your DVD to your PC. You need to have the files on your hard disk first.

In terms of build mode, please read the illustrated guides in our guides section. They go over all your queries, including setting the layer break.

Regards

Welcome to ImgBurn Forum.

ImgBurn simply writes files to disk and does not get them from your DVD to your PC. You need to have the files on your hard disk first.

In terms of build mode, please read the illustrated guides in our guides section. They go over all your queries, including setting the layer break.

Regards

thanks blutach,

Ok I got it. So to back up my double layer dvd movies with blank dvd+r dl disk such as verbatim:

1.use dvd decrypter to create files (Vob, Ifo and Bup files) using the mode "File F"

2.use imgburn to create iso under the mode "build"

3.use imgburn to burn the iso file under the mode "write"

Is this correct?

Thanks, the reasons I asked and didn't try because I don't have the blank dvd+r dl yet,

I order them today.

kevin

# 1 the bad part of all this is because of legal problems we can't offer you any kind of advice on Decrypter its dead and buried and off limits on how to's ,sorry

Since you havent bought and dual layer discs only get Verbatim +R dual layer s they are the ONLY ones that work like they should

IMG will burn ISO's and will also create them using the build mode