DDP 2.10 - DVD Files

OlemFrost

Hello,

I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me. I have 2 folders generated to burn a DVD DL which are LAYER 0 and LAYER 1. Inside them I have the files CONTROL.DAT, DDPID and IMAGE.DAT.

How can I extract them to generate an .iso or burn them in ImgBurn so that they run as DVDs?

Is it possible to convert .DAT to VIDEO_TS and then write as files in a Disc or mount a .iso?

Thank you.

dvd.jpg

I've no idea what you have there.  Generally, it's not easy to determine what files exactly are on Layer 0 and which are are Layer 1.  .DAT files could be anything.  I just know they're not DVD Video.  Is this some kind of car navigation disc, possibly?

What contents are in the Layer 1 folder?

Depending on what these files are for, this may or may not work.  In Build mode, add all the files and folders from the Layer 0 folder to the root directory of the Project and repeat for the Layer 1 folder.  If you are prompted to replace any files, you may as well give up because it's probably impossible to determine which files are the "real" ones (From Layer 0 or Layer 1.) and which are not.  Then, create an ISO from this Build job and burn the ISO to a DVD DL disc.

I did a little research.  DDP is Disc Description Protocol.  Those files are intended for disc mastering for duplication.  So, they're probably for disc pressing hardware to make mass copies of a DVD.  Which means you probably can't do anything with them without a mass disc duplicator.

It could be that the 2 image.dat files are just raw sector dumps, the same as an iso. 

are their sizes a multiple of 2048?

try and open the one from the layer 0 folder in Write mode. 

if that use the ‘create .dvd file’ option in the tools menu and add both files to the list. Specify the layer break as whatever the size of layer 0 image.dat is, divided by 2048. Save the .dvd file and then load that in Write mode. 

you could test the .dvd file by mounting it in virtual clonedrive. If you can see the contents by browsing the virtual drive, go ahead and burn the .dvd to disc in write mode. 

I couldn't see a way to reply to the existing thread so posting here instead..

Original thread:

----

Hello,

I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me. I have 2 folders generated to burn a DVD DL which are LAYER 0 and LAYER 1. Inside them I have the files CONTROL.DAT, DDPID and IMAGE.DAT.

How can I extract them to generate an .iso or burn them in ImgBurn so that they run as DVDs?

Is it possible to convert .DAT to VIDEO_TS and then write as files in a Disc or mount a .iso?

Thank you.

----

The DDP files are what get's sent to a disc replicator as previously mentioned. They Contain the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders saved per layer to represent the physical disc.

As there are are two layers it means that your original master is a DVD 9. A DVD 5 will only have Layer0.

You can play the .dat files in VLC albeit with limited control but it is at least useful to check what is there. You will also see the DVD menus if there are any.

If you need help converting back to the original files I can help if you like. feel free to reply or message me.. Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.