Issues creating .BIN file from Soldout Software version of "Thief: The Dark Project"

Hello everyone, i'm creating a digital archive of my favourite games.

I've succesfully copied many CDs and DVDs without issues, but i can't create a .bin file from  Thief the dark project.

After troubleshooting i assume that the soldout software is preventing IMGburn from reading the CD.

The process is stuck to session1 track 2.

I think that the problem may be software protection.

I don't know if that matters but the soldout software uses flash format to boot the setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Copy protection could be a cause, but it generally doesn't matter in cases like these.

First, is this a PC game disc or something for Playstation, Dreamcast, etc.?

Generally, freezes at Tracks are a conflict between the disc itself, the hardware being used, and ImgBurn.  You could try using other drives to read the disc, but you will probably not get anywhere with doing that.

The only solution I've come across for game discs that ImgBurn won't read is to download and install Alcohol 52%/120% free version.  Particularly for Playstation game discs, Alcohol will often times read in discs that ImgBurn can't.

It could also be a case where the disc simply has deteriorated over the years and suffered layer rot, which means it can't be read in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.