DVD Jerky Video

elder70

I am new to this list and to Imgburn. Installed Imgbun and burned a DVD from an ISO image as easily as can be imagined or hoped for. When I viewed the DVD movie on my computer, using Realplayer, it came out fine but when the camera pans over a scene, or follows a car at a distance along a highway, there is a split second hesitance, at regular intervals. You don't notice it too much when the scene is between actors etc. but when panning, you can see it clearly. I went back and check the ISO and there does not seem to be any hesitance there. The DVD burner is a brand new LG burner.

My son watches movies on his Xbox but when I tried to run this movie on Xbox, it would not run. Said it was not a movie format that it recognized.

Any help would be appreciated.

Elder70, Have you tried viewing this movie on a regular DVD player to see if you still get the pauses? These could be caused by poor media or too fast a burn speed, just to name a couple of things. If you could post a log of the burn for us we could see more needed info to try and help you. Sorry, can't help you with the xbox part of your question, but there's other members that are into Xbox and they will surely be able to help you out. :)

* To get the log: open Img>help>Img logs. Then just copy and paste to a post for us. :)

We need a log as mentioned, there is a good chance it is due to poor quality media, the log will confirm this.

Also, forget Realplayer, it is shite for DVD's, see if you can get Power DVD, or media player classic to play DVD's on the computer.

As Kenadjian suggested that Realplayer is no good for DVD's that seemed to be the problem. My son also told me when he got home that XBox would not play it. I tried it on XBox as it was the simplest for me to try it on. We have a DVD player but it is in a midst of a bunch of machines with a hand full of remotes, which my son assures me is "... simple to operate!" Anyway when he came home I got him to try the DVD of the movie "Ground Hog Day" I had made on the DVD player and it ran just fine.

So thank you everyone for your assistance, I do appreciate it. :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.