Can't read CDs

skipit

My DVD Drive has always been a pain, (i ultimately got it replaced a year ago, and that fixed the problems apart from a few corrupted burnt DVDs, but now my computers warranty's expired, so i can't replace it again).

A week ago, I was attempting to backup a couple of audio cd's, but almost everything i tried failed. can't remember the last time i tried playing a audio cd on my computer, but that's probably because i've never had a problem b4.

First i tried simply copying from a cd and burning it, that didn't work - the last 2-3 tracks became corrupted, so i ripped the tracks first and then tried burning them, didn't work either.

As i was beginning to run out of idea's, i tried making a image file of the cd and them burning it with imgburn. But now all of a sudden my DVD Drive has stopped recognising CDs altogether. It can't read them at all. Not even at startup. The odd thing is that it can still read DVDs and i've successfully burned DVDs with imgburn and verified them.

I'm not saying that imburn is to blame here, cause i've been able to burn DVDs with it flawlessly, but

What's wrong with my DVD drive, i mean it can't be broken, as i can still read and write DVDs, ??

I've tried updating it to the latest firmware, but i already have it so that doesn't do anything. I've tried un- and reinstalling the drive, tried cleaning it, tried reinstallin aspi.

How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance

Skipit;

First of all, shouldn't this have been posted in the chat section, it doesn't call for IB support at all. Please try to keep to the forum headings when posting.

It sounds like you did about everything you can do, but without my crystal ball I can't tell what the make of the drive or anything else is. I would suggest that you try e-mailing the drive manufacturers customer support and explain...in detail...what it's doing and maybe they can help.

spinner

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.