External DVD Problems

yllekb

I have an External DVD Writer on my laptop, How do I get ImgBurn to see the drive?

I have seen the post where it can be connected, just not how to connect the drive.

Thanks...

Windows sees the Device. It is connected via USB. The device has the updated firmware. I have been able to create images of games from the device. ImgBrn log shows it detects a DVD drive but does not allow me to select it as a device to write.

Windows sees the Device. It is connected via USB. The device has the updated firmware. I have been able to create images of games from the device. ImgBrn log shows it detects a DVD drive but does not allow me to select it as a device to write.

Silly question: Have you actually selected WRITE mode before attempting to burn your disk? The fact that you've created an image using that drive shows that it and ImgBurn are working.

what is model number of the dvd

The DVD Drive is a SH-D162C.

The Image was pulled with Schtrom360XtractV3.1.

ImgBrn is in Write Mode.

The DVD drive is not found in the destination options.

This is the imgbrn Log:

11:52:02 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

11:52:02 Initialising SPTI...

11:52:02 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

11:52:02 Found 1 DVD-ROM!

if i disconnect th drive and reconnect it while imgburn is running the log reflects the drive change:

11:54:11 Device Removal Detected!

11:54:11 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

11:54:11 No devices detected!

11:54:30 Device Arrival Detected!

11:54:30 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

11:54:33 Found 1 DVD-ROM!

Device Manger shows the drive working properly.

nice call ,this is Google

SAMSUNG's Digital World - DVD-ROM Drive | SH-D162CAwaken your senses Reading multiple DVD formats (DVD-R, DVD-RW & DVD-RAM) Samsung's DVD-ROM Drives also come with stabilised DVD playback and Dynamic ...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.