Strange burn/final dvd output issue please help!

mike26

Here's a quick rundown of the issue I'm having:

I have an avi file i'd like to burn to DVD, so I use winAVI to convert it into the proper DVD format. When I'm done, I'm left with a folder that has the necessary audio_ts and video_ts folders.

However, I have issues burning dvd's with winAvi (burning always freezes at exactly 10%) so I decided to use IMG burn because i've had great success with general image burning with it.

So, I then create an ISO file from the dvd output mentioned before from winAvi. When it's done, I have an ISO file ready to burn. I burn the Dvd, put it in my dvd player.... and then the strangest thing happens... it starts playing, but in black and white, slightly scrambled, and rolling from top to bottom of the screen.

Things I've tried:

Re-Burning the image file to dvd

Double checking the original avi file

Checking the video outputs from winAvi

It all checked out, so something is happening while the ISO is being created, or when the ISO is burned to DVD. Never had issues with the iso burning before, but this is the first time trying this with an AVI file. Not sure what to do. Any help or suggestions??? I"m totally stuck on this one!!

PS I've tried the disc on another DVD player (got error message 'doesn't appear to be the correct tv system' on PS2)

Edited by mike26

This is region related, ie your in UK or Europe (PAL) trying to play US (NTSC) or the opposite way around.

play it on your computer it should go back to colour to [check]

you need to be encoding it to your region

Yes, it does work perfectly in my computer. I will try and go through the process over again from the source file and see if i can find where things got messed up. thanks!

its not something in ImgBurn its in the software your using to convert from avi to DVD

hmm i think i found the issue- something was set to 'auto' in the other program, so i switched it to 'NTSC'. Will report back if any issues arise, but I'm hoping this will fix it. Thanks for the quick response and help! -Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.