Aspect Ratio

lukewarmmizer

I have converted a widescreen Divx file to TS_VIDEO Vob format using DVD Flick, as well as an ISO with ImgBurn. Opening any of these files with VLC plays them in the correct aspect ratio, however burning to a DVD results in a 4:3 picture on my DVD players (both Panasonic, different models). The INFO associated with these files indicate that it is widescreen however, and the DVD does in fact play widescreen through Windows Media player.

My questions are:

-Is this indicative of a problem with the encoding?

-Is this a problem with settings in ImgBurn?

-Is this an incompatability with my DVD burner?

-Is this a problem with my DVD Player?

Burner: Benq1620 16x DVDR

Media: TDK 8x DVD-R media

Thanks!

PS - a bit new to all of this, so I apologize for any stupid questions.

That was my initial thought, but aside from it just stretching the image when the aspect ratio, it is obviously cutting off part of the image (when viewing the credits, you can see that some are cut off). My best guess at this point is to change the aspect ratio to 2.35:1 instead of 16:9 to see if that helps (the divx file is 560x296).

While this might be the wrong forum, and ideas on what else I could try?

I don't play around with aspect ratios very much at all. Never really found any need to. As for what to try, perhaps using a different player at a friends' place. Checking the capabilities of your tv might be a good idea also. Failing that, you could buy an old XBox and get it modded as they play just about anything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.