file types and partial discs-Help

jefffox

I'm, of course, new to this. I have burned a few dvd's already, and btw think very highly...my question is this.

I recently attempted to burn a movie that was too large for one disk. what the first disc burned is fine, has all the goodies, menus and subtitles. my problem is the second disk. I started burning at the file the first ended with, and got a good copy, but without the menu, and no way to chose language/ subtitles. in looking closer than ever before at what i had , i see there are some files which appear to be the movie, ie, VTS 01 1 vob, etc. the ones i should have, i guess, paid more attention to are the others, ie some which appear to relate to the whole package...VIDEO TS.BUP, video TS.IFO, video TS.VOB, and then there are some which appear to relate to different parts, ie chapters or features, such as VTS 01 0.BUP, VTS 01 0.IFO, and VTS 01 0.VOB. I then put those plus the ones that hadnt fit on the first, and now I have the menus but they wont "select". on the first disk i had no problem selecting subtitles.

Would 'preciate any guidance. I am using ver 2.1.0.0, and will update as soon as i finish this

thanks

jeff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.