Unable to Burn DVD using imgburn

jenny

I have microsoft windows XP version 5.1 on my computer. Recently i downloaded imgburn program. I have copied a movie onto my hard drive using DVD shrink version 3.2. However my computer will not read any dvd disk (-R, +R, -RW are the ones i've tried), so i am unable to write using imgburn from hard drive to disk. Could you please help me.

Thank you

Jenny :'(

can you post a log please?

it sounds like you may have a combi drive on your pc but a log will help us to find the problem

I am a dumby when it comes to computer. I'm not sure how to find a "log" could you please send more info on how to get it. I do know that when i open "my computer" it shows under D drive "DVD/CD - RW.

Jenny

can you post a log please?

it sounds like you may have a combi drive on your pc but a log will help us to find the problem

I am a dumby when it comes to computer. I'm not sure how to find a "log" could you please send more info on how to get it. I do know that when i open "my computer" it shows under D drive "DVD/CD - RW.

Jenny

I found the log for imgburn

JennyImgBurn.log

Hi, as Corny correctly guessed above your log shows that you only have a DVD-ROM drive,

I 17:06:36 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

This means you can read and watch DVDs with it but you cannot burn them. You can pick up a DVD?RW drive for less than ?20 online now, if you are in the UK or Europe take a look at www.svp.co.uk or for the US try www.meritline.com.

They will have quite a range of drives, personally I like the Pioneer's you can get the DVR-112 or the slightly older DVR-111 but there are others out there that are just as good ! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.