Verbatim dual layer disc 's

jans3

Please, be kind...I am new to this burn a disc 'thing.' From what I have read, am I to undrstand the reason I am having problems with copying/burning a DVD is because I am not using Verbatim dual layer disc's? I keep getting I/O error that the one I am using is not compatible with this program (Matrix double layer). I am hoping this is the problem, EVEN THOUGH I just purchased 25 of the things! I love this prxogram as it is so easy for a first time user like myself to use. It is very 'user-friendly.' Thanks UK for this 'free' program...and yes I did make a donation today :) Now just tell me I can solve my problem by getting and using Verbatim discs.

Jans3

Verbatim are the only reliable dual layer discs, saying Matrix brand doesn't really mean anything its the maker of the dye on the disc that matters many "brands" use the same dye. Put a matrix disc in your burner Write mode and copy and paste the info in IMGburns window .My guess is its the media you're using ,also make sure that the drives firmware is up to date

Verbatim are the only reliable dual layer discs, saying Matrix brand doesn't really mean anything its the maker of the dye on the disc that matters many "brands" use the same dye. Put a matrix disc in your burner Write mode and copy and paste the info in IMGburns window .My guess is its the media you're using ,also make sure that the drives firmware is up to date

Thanks Polopony! Here's the info...

TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632D DE03 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 4,069,664

Free Space: 8,334,671,872 bytes

Free Time: 904:24:14 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x

DVD?R DL Boundary Information:

L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,034,832

Changeable: Yes

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D00-01

Book Type: DVD+R DL

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Book Type: DVD+R DL

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519

your Matrix branded discs use the RICOH dye/ink, which isnt as reliable as the verbatim dual layer dye

Thanks, had I know about this before I bought dbl layers, I would have saved myself some money...I'll consider it a lesson (expensive one) well learned.

Other than crocheting a cover for the 25 disc's and making coasters....any suggestions? :blink:

-Jan

After making numerous coasters, I looked and learned about Verbatim..........so how come this morning I bought 25 Verbatim's and still get the "imcompatable format".cannot write medium..........thanks for any help :rolleyes:

Kanga , the crystal ball is in the shop for repairs so if you want help please post a log of a burn and provide some info and maybe we can see what the problem is ,read the posts and do what was asked of JANS

Jans ,try to return the discs for a refund if the sellers are a reputable shop you should get your money back

check to see if you have a recent firmware in your drive,

Might as well check your cables as well.

your machine a Dell

from the little info on your drive, there seem to be lots of unhappy users of that drive, who report nothing but problems

do not go running this yet as this may not have anything to do with your drive so click link and read

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...mp;fileid=63977

actually it's so old i doubt it will apply may still come in handy for you if drive goes into PIO mode though.

I have found some firmware latest appears to be DE07 there is no read me with it to say if it is def for your drive so will try and find more info and a direct link to dell instead of their ftp

don't now think DE07 is for your drive

but this is http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=193445

is the laptop you got Inspiron 6400/E1505

if so and your writer is the TS-L632D then maybe update the firmware and see if it then likes your media better

As always the risk of flashing drive is your own.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.