Layer Break

OLD'UN

Hi, I'm trying to back up my priceless 4 dvd set of the Rolling Stones "Four Flicks" to Verbatim 2.4x d/l blanks.I rip o/k with RIFM and DVDDecrypter ,open Imgburn ,insert blank d/l , browse to file, click the green arrow and get this -

! Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA.: None Found (VTS_03). This image has not been mastered correctly for burning to double layer (OTP Track Path) disc.None of the cells meet the "DVD Video specification" criteria for a potential layer break position.

Do you want to continue anyway? YES ---- NO

If I was to click Yes , would I get a good copy? or is there something else I should know? !!!!

Thanks in advance

Old un, You may want to use Img build mode before you try to write these images to disc. Looks like the layer break wasn't properly set up by shrink. Build mode will properly set up your layer break and then you can use write mode to burn to a blank. There's a good guide in the guides section to help you along. :) Also you might want to check for newer firmware for your burner......................... www.rpc1.org.

just a heads up we dont discuss ripping copyright protected discs here for legal reasons it was the reason decrypter(ripping ability) was shut down and the legal problems LUK ran into and we dont want the same to happen to IMGburn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.