DVD Playback problems

DOK

Hello

I've been experiencing a problem recently with playback of some single-layer DVD's. They were burnt with ImgBurn, DVD-R Memorex. Burn was successful with all of them, playback on the computer is fine, however playback using my DVD player is choppy/pixelated/distorted at times. I've never had a problem before playing back burnt DVDs on this DVD player (both dual and single layers, both DVD+R). I have some dual layers (verbatim +R DL) that I had burnt previously and these still play back fine on this same DVD player. Anyways, is this just a case of my DVD player not liking the DVD-R SL discs? Is this a common problem? Or is there something wrong with my DVD player/the burning process?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If there was something wrong with the burning process, they wouldn't play on the computer. Also, saying that you use(d) Memorex media doesn't mean much, since what really matters is the dye used by the manufacturer.

ImgBurn tells you the DiscID/MediaCode when you insert a disc in your burner, be it blank or burned. You can then search for other users experiences with that media (usually sold under many brands) at VideoHelp.com.

using Memorex is a waste of time and money the -R are more than likely CMC MAG dye(garbage). Like you posted the Verbs play fine becaause they are quality media and along with Taiyo Yudens are the best bar none . We see hundreds of posts with people having problems with Memorex SL and DL, they are known to deteriorate over time and the chopy playback pixilayion is just part of the proccess of them breaking down .Hopefully you will be able to read them and salvage the data/video you have on them

Thanks for the input guys, I was starting to think this was a media issue. The Disc ID on these discs is:

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AM3

So you were right on Polopony, thanks again for the input. My computer is still having no problems with the discs so I should be able to salvage all the data.

Thanks again :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.