Multiple Errors with ImgBurn and 360 backups

Elite772

Ok, so over the past week I've been preparing to do this whole Xbox 360 Backup project, but I've run into nothing but problems on the burning stage. I usually don't post anywhere when I need help I just use past information in forums, like other topics with similar problems. I noticed there was another topic similar to this and I did have that problem but somehow I fixed it. Now currently I have:

[3:1:0] BENQ DVD LS DW1655

Booktype= DVD+R DL

PHILIPS DVD+R DL 8.5GB 2.4x

ImgBurn 2.3.0.0

Now what happens is while writing the Lead in it says "Failed to write sectors 0-31 - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead in," but then it gets through that sometimes. Then while writing Layer 0 it says "Failed to write sectors 1030368- 1030399- Write Error." It then retries and says "Retry failed - Invalid address for Write." Then to top it off it fails the finalization because of the write error and gives me a disc that has half of my game burned on it so... I lost a disc and I lost my time. Now I'm down to one disc and I'd rather not screw this up. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I've attached my logfile at the end. Thank you.

-Elite772-

ImgBurn.log

Edited by Elite772

Thanks for the quick reply I will check it out *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Ok I've updated the firmware and I still get the Lead in error, but now I get the "Power calibration Area is full" error. Are there any other solutions before I go out and spend the money on Verbatims?

Attached is the second Log File with new error

ImgBurn2.log

Edited by Elite772

Wow... I had a hunch that the blank media was the issue. Thank you very much for your useful information and quick replies. You two were of much help.

The only thing I'd like to make sure of before I head to the store is this... What's this MKM dye/Media ID? Is that common to all Verbatim DL or is there a special kind of Verbatims out there that I have to hunt down?

EDIT: Never mind... I realized what the MKM was... :outcold: I don't know what I was thinking lol... thanks

(Oh and for the record... I wanted Verbatims to begin with, but I got these Philips as a gift and didn't think it would cause this much trouble. :wacko:

looks like I was wrong lol...)

Edited by Elite772

Don't forget to set the booktype to DVD-ROM otherwise they will not work.

Wow thank you so much... I was thinking this exact thing on the way home from the store. You may have just saved me a CD :thumbup:

I picked up some Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x So I'm a happy camper! Hopefully it'll work. Cross your fingers!

EDIT: It worked perfectly! Thank you guys so much for your help!

Edited by Elite772

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.