please help me.. iso size too big

yandao87

hi..

i just downloaded a dvd iso that is bigger than a single layer dvd-r.

i do not have a dual layer-dvd drive... :(

what can i do to split the big iso(7gb. i think its ripped from a dual layer disc :oops: , is it?) into 2 single layer dvd-r??? i do not want to change/encode the contents...

hope someone can help me please... :lol:

thanks a lot!

Edited by yandao87

For archiving purposes, you could use WinRAR/7-Zip/others to compress the ISO and set the program to split volumes at 4.700.000.000 bytes.

Now, if it's DVD-Video and you want it to be playable on standard DVD players, you can use DVDFab Platinum to split it to 2 DVD-Rs.

Don't you have a friend with a dual-layer capable burner? If it's external, just hook it up to your computer and burn the ISO to Verbatim DVD+R DL media. If it's internal, use the archival method I mentioned above and take the ISO onto 2 DVD?R(W)s to your friends computer. In any way, please do use Verbatim DVD+R DL media, it's the only good dual-layer media to be used.

you can use DVDFab Platinum to split it to 2 DVD-Rs.

just to add another option , you can also use dvd shrink and follow this guide http://www.dvdshrink.info/splitting-v2-3.php

but this bit makes me a bit worried

i just downloaded
as we don't support piracy , it could of course be completely legal...

For archiving purposes, you could use WinRAR/7-Zip/others to compress the ISO and set the program to split volumes at 4.700.000.000 bytes.

Now, if it's DVD-Video and you want it to be playable on standard DVD players, you can use DVDFab Platinum to split it to 2 DVD-Rs.

Don't you have a friend with a dual-layer capable burner? If it's external, just hook it up to your computer and burn the ISO to Verbatim DVD+R DL media. If it's internal, use the archival method I mentioned above and take the ISO onto 2 DVD?R(W)s to your friends computer. In any way, please do use Verbatim DVD+R DL media, it's the only good dual-layer media to be used.

i'm not looking at burning the .iso file.. instead, i want dvd video... btw is dvdfab Platinum free?? :teehee:

i don't have any one who has got DL media... any even after burning it on DL media, i have to wait till i get one DL player before i can read it right,,, :unsure:

you can use DVDFab Platinum to split it to 2 DVD-Rs.

just to add another option , you can also use dvd shrink and follow this guide http://www.dvdshrink.info/splitting-v2-3.php

but this bit makes me a bit worried

i just downloaded
as we don't support piracy , it could of course be completely legal...

i assure you its legal hehe :teehee:

btw, for the guide, it does not teach me anything about iso files... i have a iso file. how to i change it to .vob/.ifo (video ts folder) files???? hope some one can help :rolleyes:

if you intend to use IMGburn then you need ISO files that what it burns . To read an ISO file download Daemon Tools, open IMGburn , Read Mode select the virtual drive as the source (daemon Tools ) and hit the big button

if you intend to use IMGburn then you need ISO files that what it burns . To read an ISO file download Daemon Tools, open IMGburn , Read Mode select the virtual drive as the source (daemon Tools ) and hit the big button

hi, what about dvd decrptoer? can i use it to read the iso file? do you mean i have to extract the iso file to video_ts type of files before processing with imgburn to split it up? :mellow: