Converting WMV to something - Then putting it on a DVD

jedok

So this person asked me to do a slideshow for them. I had done one years ago, it took me like 3 hours, no problems. Now this time, I am on my new computer, and having all kinds of trouble. For one, I find that most of the freeware I was planning on using has been taken off the market (Thanks goodness for this place :thumbup: ) Well, I used Nero last time, but apparently I was using a illegal key that I bought off ebay, so it no longer works.

Right now, Ive got the slideshow I want all ready and in .wmv format on my hard drive. I do not know if I need to get another program besides ImgBurn to convert the .wmv to a useable format.

I am also confused about the difference in Write and Burn, and what types of files Im suppost to have. Right now I used a converter to get a VIDEO_TS folder with a couple files, and a .vob file (for some reason this rings a bell for when I use to back up movies). Ok, so if I have a VIDEO_TS folder (and .vob, .ifo, .bup files in this folder), and I dont know how to burn it.

Basically, if someone could get me in the right direction of what I need to convert this .wmv to, and then how to burn it using this program onto my DVD.

(Ive tried once, and ended up with a DVD with only the music and white background....would like to avoid these $1 coasters <_< )

Thanks.

If anyone uses AOL instant messenger, if you could hit me up on MBBennett24. I would really appreciate it, and might be able to shoot ya some cash on PayPal. Im about to pull my hair out over this.

ImgBurn, by itself, doesn't do any kind of conversion. You'll first need to convert your WMV to DVD-Video format, for which you can find guides at VideoHelp.com.

When you have the VIDEO_TS folder with IFOs/BUPs/VOBs files inside (that'll be generated by the conversion program), you can use ImgBurn in Build mode, add the VIDEO_TS folder and click the big Write button. If you'd like a more detailed explanation on how to use ImgBurn, please read the Guides forum.

By the way, you can (and should) preview the DVD before burning. Programs like PowerDVD, WinDVD and others allow you to do this. If you don't have them, I suggest using Media Player Classic (use it to open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file inside the VIDEO_TS folder), which is also freeware.

About donation, if you'd like to make one, please do it to LIGHTNING UK! (author of ImgBurn). It will be much appreciated! :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.