Synchronise Cache Failed error

Benny

I am recording Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's on a Lite-on DVDRW in WIN XP. I am recording at 8x speed and selecting Verify. 9 times out of 10 everything works great but occaisionally I get an error message when the IMGBurn program tries to cycle the tray. It says "Synchronise Cache Failed Write Error" and asks for "abort or retry". I click "retry" and it continues to verify and the DVD's seem OK . I have seen this on the last few versions of the software but never on the software before March or so. I am running the current version now.

Thanks

Edited by Benny

You really need to be posting logs when you ask questions/mention problems like this.

Without the log there's far too much guessing involved.

A 'write error' is exactly what it says - the drive was unable to complete a 'write' operation on the media. There's nothing software can do about that.

Look for a firmware update for the drive and consider investing in a cleaning disc.

You really need to be posting logs when you ask questions/mention problems like this.

Without the log there's far too much guessing involved.

A 'write error' is exactly what it says - the drive was unable to complete a 'write' operation on the media. There's nothing software can do about that.

Look for a firmware update for the drive and consider investing in a cleaning disc.

OK it just happened again and I have the log file here:

BTW, the drive is nearly new and there are no updates.

I 16:00:50 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 16:00:50 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 1)

I 16:00:50 Total Physical Memory: 785,772 KB - Available: 592,120 KB

W 16:00:50 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 16:00:50 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:00:50 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:00:59 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Benny

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.