error: unable to find any cells to be used as layer break

kidwizz

Hey i'm trying to bunt a DVD DL to a DVD-R DL. I have to use a dvd-r DL because every dvd player in my house wont play +R's.

This is the log.

I 12:44:49 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 12:44:49 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:44:49 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,276 KB - Available: 158,508 KB

W 12:44:49 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 12:44:49 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:44:49 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:44:49 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

Did you disable AnyDVD? Are you adding files directly from the DVD DL in your combo drive or are they on the HD? If they're on the HD, how did you copy them from the DVD DL to the HD? By the way, if you really have to use DVD-R DL, the layer break won't matter, as DVD-R DL has fixed layer break position (only DVD+R DL allows to change where the layer break is).

About your players not working with +R media, do you know if the ones you've tried were booktype/bitset to DVD-ROM? Some standalone DVD players require this in order to play +R media.

Did you disable AnyDVD? Are you adding files directly from the DVD DL in your combo drive or are they on the HD? If they're on the HD, how did you copy them from the DVD DL to the HD? By the way, if you really have to use DVD-R DL, the layer break won't matter, as DVD-R DL has fixed layer break position (only DVD+R DL allows to change where the layer break is).

About your players not working with +R media, do you know if the ones you've tried were booktype/bitset to DVD-ROM? Some standalone DVD players require this in order to play +R media.

OK first off. i updated my firmware and now i can burn +r's and they play on all my dvd players.

AnyDvd is disabled.

I have tried 2 ways of ripping the files from the DVD DL. First i used DVD decrypter and then i used DVD shrink (in full dvd mode) and both give me that error.

Well ive burnt movies to DVD-R DL's before and on my dvd players at half way though the movie, it fezzes and i cant select a chapter after that either.

Well, we can't help you with ripping the DVD to your HD...

As for media, you really should use Verbatim DVD+R DL media, as it's the only one that works as it should.

Well, we can't help you with ripping the DVD to your HD...

As for media, you really should use Verbatim DVD+R DL media, as it's the only one that works as it should.

Verbatim DVD+R DL. I've got Sony ones.

I also tried re setting imgBurn settings to defaults and i still get nothing.

Your project is mastered incorrectly. The rules for the layer break are not being followed. You may need to split a cell in order to find a correct LB position.

Assuming this is a non-commercial DVD (as all commercial DVDs are mastered correctly), just use Read mode to read it and Write mode to burn it.

For maximum success, throw out any DL blanks other than Verbatims +Rs.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.