Imgburn usage

planxty

Can ImgBurn be used to burn data to DVDs other than when the data is DVD video data (vobfiles etc)?

For example, with lots of .jpgs, word .docs etc in a folder, is it possible to build an .iso with ImgBurn and burn it to DVD?

If it can, does it offer any advantages/disadvantages to using Nero to do the same thing?

Edited by planxty

I see, thanks.

So I guess this seems to make Nero redundant lol? (Although Imgburn has the extra step of building the .iso file first before burning, which Nero doesn't need).

When burning a data DVD with Imgburn, which is the best file system to use: ISO9660 + Joliet + UDF for maximum compatibility? Or the default setting of ISO9660 + UDF?

You don't need to build an ISO before burning: just switch Output to Device and ImgBurn will burn it directly to media.

As for the filesystem, each has its limitations:

As a reference, Nero generates ISO9660 + Joliet discs, so, if that works for you and you don't get truncated filenames, stick to it. If you need longer filenames, use UDF.

You don't need to build an ISO before burning: just switch Output to Device and ImgBurn will burn it directly to media.

Thanks for the clarification.

As a reference, Nero generates ISO9660 + Joliet discs, so, if that works for you and you don't get truncated filenames, stick to it. If you need longer filenames, use UDF.

Will try 'ISO9660 + Joliet' then, and see how I get on.

Can ImgBurn be used to burn data to DVDs other than when the data is DVD video data (vobfiles etc)?

For example, with lots of .jpgs, word .docs etc in a folder, is it possible to build an .iso with ImgBurn and burn it to DVD?

If it can, does it offer any advantages/disadvantages to using Nero to do the same thing?

GUIDES

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.