Burning fails on both CD and DVD Media

alexs3d2

I have been used ImgBurn before, but under Windows XP with my NEC DVD writer without any problems. However recently I am unable to burn anything, either on DVDs or CDs as I always get errors in the middle of the process. I doubt it's the media as I have burned a lot of DVDs and CDs from the very same boxes... The only think changed actually is that I moved to Vista. Are there any known problems with Vista?

I'll try it once more under XP to see if there is a difference and post back...

Here is a TEST burn I made, that also fails... (I don't know if there is a meaning when the test run also fails)

I 14:57:42 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 14:57:42 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 14:57:42 Total Physical Memory: 1.047.232 KB - Available: 135.156 KB

I 14:57:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:57:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:57:42 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Could be your media or that drive (which was born when Adam was kneehigh to a grasshopper). Might be time for a new one.

As well, you seem to have a lot going on in your machine - 900Mb of memory are being used. Try turning off other apps while burning.

Regards

Could be your media or that drive (which was born when Adam was kneehigh to a grasshopper). Might be time for a new one.

As well, you seem to have a lot going on in your machine - 900Mb of memory are being used. Try turning off other apps while burning.

Regards

Must be the drive, as I tested under Windows XP and I still get the error... Also under XP I get 650MBs of RAM free, but I believe under Vista it's the ReadyBoost feature that eats up memory, because I haven't got anything installed (ie. no AntiVirus, no SoundBlaster staff etc.) whereas all of these are running under XP. Also the system boots a bit faster under Vista, than in XP, so I guess the memory usage is normal.

Aa... yes and for the drive: Do you perhaps have any recommendations of a good one? I also see that the prices have fallen drasticly since I bough my NEC (was about 100

Yes, I have had great luck with my LGs. But Pioneer, (more modern) NECs and BENQs seem to be popular.

Search our drives and media section.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.