Strange error when starting to write, cannot read after

coolsti

I never experienced problems before now with Imgburn.

But now after making an ISO file in build mode, and then trying to write the ISO in Write mode to a Verbatim +R DVD, I get this warning:

Your image does not appear to be in the correct format for burning a DVD.

Image format Mode1/2352

DVD format: Mode1/2048

Continue anyway?

After I say yes, continue, Imgburn asks if I want to change the format on the fly so I say yes. After the burn, my dvd device cannot read the DVD that I just burned with it.

Can someone explain what is going on here? How do I get Imgburn to do what it is supposed to be doing, namely creating an ISO file that can be burned to a DVD in the correct format?

Thanks for any help,

Steve, Denmark

Please uninstall your version of ImgBurn, then install the latest version of ImgBurn (2.3.2.0). Also, you can burn directly to DVD in Build mode (no need to make an ISO image first) by going to the 'Output' menu and choosing 'Device' :)

Thanks for the help. I did just that actually, uninstalled imgburn and installed the latest (my other install was 2.3.1.0) and now it works.

I still am making an ISO first before I burn, though, I just feel a bit better (safer) about doing it that way since there is then at least one task (collecting all the many files) that my PC and Imgburn does not need to do.

- Steve, Denmark

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.