Please help with I/O error?

Uncle Scary

About a week ago, I started seeing I/O errors pop up with increasing frequency as I tried to use IB. I slowed my burn speed down to 8X, but I still get I/O errors. Here is the log from the most recent failed attempt to burn a DVD. Any help would be appreciated.

I 07:20:12 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 07:20:12 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 07:20:12 Total Physical Memory: 523,760 KB - Available: 157,600 KB

I 07:20:12 Initialising SPTI...

I 07:20:12 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 07:20:12 Found 1 DVD

I 07:22:30 Destination Device: [1:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10L LL10 (D:) (ATA)

I 07:22:30 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKG05) (Speeds: 4x, 8x)

There's a newer firmware available (LL12) for your burner. If that doesn't help, try using other brands of media, preferrably Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim.

The RITEKG05 media is a bit of hit or miss, as it works for some people and doesn't work at all for others.

Those Ritek G05s are infamous!! They had some real bad manufacturing defects on this one. So many people complained about them, Ritek's reputation suffered very badly.

mmalves has the answer - Verbatims or Taiyo Yudens. And if you have kids, they should inherit the Riteks for frisbee practice.

Regards

Those Ritek G05s are infamous!! They had some real bad manufacturing defects on this one. So many people complained about them, Ritek's reputation suffered very badly.

mmalves has the answer - Verbatims or Taiyo Yudens. And if you have kids, they should inherit the Riteks for frisbee practice.

Regards

Thanks to all for the quick responses. I downloaded the LL12 firmware upgrade and that seems to have solved the problem. I was able to "backup" two movies (on to Riteks with no hassles) last night after installation of the firmware. Next time I need to buy some media, it will be the recommended brands. Having no kids or interest in frisbee practice, I feel obligated to use the remaining coasters, er, Riteks.

Edited by Uncle Scary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.