Verify gets worse as I use it.

jaques

This is probably not an ImgBurn problem, but I'm not sure where else to try. It seems that if I use the drive for the first time after power up (even some time after power up, i.e. propbably not just a heating problem) I can verify an old burn without dificulty.

post-7694-1182590499_thumb.jpg

Sometimes I can do this 2 or 3 times. But usually after the first verify, if I try again, it starts going wrong.

post-7694-1182590516_thumb.jpg

This is true with a variety of media (including Verbatim), and after a few attempts it can get so bad that it actually refuses to read a DVD that has passed verify perfectly 5 minutes before (and will pass again if I cycle power). I have tried reinstalling drivers (CD and IDE), and the fimware is up to date. Has anyone any ideas?

Sounds like a combination of drive and media (except for high quality media). CPU doesn't look paticularly overtaxed. Are you doing anything while verifying? How fragmented is your drive/ISO?

Regards

Sounds like a combination of drive and media (except for high quality media). CPU doesn't look paticularly overtaxed. Are you doing anything while verifying? How fragmented is your drive/ISO?

Regards

Don't think so. Nothing else is running (apart from what's there on start up - and that should affect the first try). Get the same thing after complete defrag. And it happens with Verbatim. Very frustrating, because I can't trust the quality of a burn before deleting files from hard disk, without turning off every time!

Could be a overheat problem or your drive is knackered and on its way to retirement. Your using the latest firmware for it? Yry cleaning the lazer, lots of cleaners out there for 10-15$. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.