Wasting Discs

dwpa

Hi there. I'm new to burning my own DVDs and am having some problems getting it to work right. I am using ImgBurn 2.3.2.0 to create an ISO and burn it to DVD. The resulting DVD works flawlessly in my computer, but not in my standalone DVD player. Now, I know this player will read burnt DVDs because I already have several that were given to me and it has never had a problem with them. Is there something in ImgBurn that I should check to make sure everything is set up correctly? My Writer is an HP 530r. Thank you for any input.

--dwpa

I have the exact same problem today.

I burn an iso and all works fine eccept dvd wont play on my stand alone, it does work on pc and my friends stand alone.

The only thing i did different is rip in iso mode where as usaually i rip in file mode and then convert as im burning?

Any ideas?

I burn an iso and all works fine eccept dvd wont play on my stand alone, it does work on pc and my friends stand alone.

The only thing i did different is rip in iso mode where as usaually i rip in file mode and then convert as im burning?

Any ideas?

kman, Are we talking Imgburn here or DVD Decrypter. DVD Decrypter hasn't been supported for a couple of years now. Imgburn is supported by this forum and unlike Decrypter will not RIP anything. Imgburn is a burning only app unlike its predecessor and will not decrypt ( RIP ) anything. :)

Any ideas?

kman, Are we talking Imgburn here or DVD Decrypter. DVD Decrypter hasn't been supported for a couple of years now. Imgburn is supported by this forum and unlike Decrypter will not RIP anything. Imgburn is a burning only app unlike its predecessor and will not decrypt ( RIP ) anything. :)

Kevdriver.

It looks like it was dycryptor used to backup a non copyrighted dvd.

I kind of thought imgburn and dycryptor were like the same company or something.

Thought maybe a check box in read mode might have caused the problem?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.