Varying burn speed from burn speed requested Version 2.3.2.0

Larry7

I am a new User to the Support Forum, but hopefully I can provide enough information without sending screen shots.

I was using IMG Burn version 2.3.2.0 and burning a ISO file to a DVD-R disk on my Dell XBS410 that has Vista. Initially, I burned several copies with the Write speed set to MAX. The files were burned incrementally up to 12.1x. When I passed out the copies, there were a couple of friends that reported it would not play properly and skipped from time to time.

After studying about the difference in quality of DVD-Rs and burn speeds I decided the problem might be resolved by lowering the burn speed. So, I set the burn speed to 4x. The results were that the disk was burned at incremental speeds with the highest being 6x. I don't understand why it did not burn at a constant 4x.

I went to my other computer that has XP. The IMG Burn version on that computer was 2.2.0.0. When I set the burn speed to 4x it burned at that speed from start to finish. I think that it solved my problem with not being able to play the disk.

However, I still don't understand why I can't regulate the burn speed to 4x in the PC with Vista. Is there a current outstanding problem with version 2.3.2.0? Or is there something special I have to do to maintain the 4x burn speed?

Thanks.

More than likely a firmware issue with your laptop's burner (and possibly poor quality media). Go get some Verbatims or Taiyo Yuden blanks and update your firmware - hope this helps.

Regards

Larry;

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Follow donta's advice and post a log, there is a lot of info in there that we need to see in order to properly understand what's ging on.

Follow blu's advice and do not use other than Verbatim DataLife Plus or Taiyo Yuden media.

:thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.