selected .iso and imgburn says "getting TOC information" forever

tjy111

i'm having the exact same issue. i just did a total re-install of XP a few days ago and have been slowly re-installing everything. little annoyances aside this issue is really starting to get on my nerves. i took the advise above and went to reload the firmware for my SONY VRD-VC20 only to find that it simply no longer exists anywhere on the web. i'm not even kidding. it's poof-giggidy-gone.

any other suggestions would be great as i've searched high and low for a solution to this and have nothing. thanks ahead. hopefully.

Clicking on the link in my signature gives this - http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2096

EDIT: Sadly, clicking on JYC4 goes nowhere :(

Regards

this was known. i'm looking for fresh perspective here. anyone? am i just going to have to buy a new recorder and break out the long buried HP DC5000 in the time between? tell me it's not coming to that. just painful.

thanks for the link LIGHTNING. clicking on it failed miserably. it wouldn't allow the save. however, right-click save worked just fine.

i installed the update. loaded ImgBurn and still have the same problem. it's chronic stuck at GETTING TOC INFO.

here is my log entry. it's the same since intstall. maybe someone can see an issue here before i give up entirely:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log

; Wednesday, 11 July 2007, 01:23:26

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 00:45:36 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 00:45:36 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 00:45:36 Total Physical Memory: 523,568 KB - Available: 327,156 KB

I 00:45:36 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:45:36 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:45:36 Found 1 CD-RW, 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Does it fail like that on *every* disc you put in the drive?

i.e. cds, dvds, originals + blanks.

It's difficult to say why it won't process the command, it should be pretty basic functionality!

Do the other drives work ok with ImgBurn?

every disc. dvd+r, cd-r, dvd+dl. i'm also using VERBATIM media so it's not the software. i just dug the HP Burner out of mothballs, loaded it up, stuck and disc in and got the same error. i'm at a loss.

any info you need at this point let me know and i'll supply. i'm losing hope.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.