burn divx movies

onthegas7

Dear Sirs,stupid question here sorry.I am stuck with a vista home premium for an os.I was using windows dvd maker (free) to burn movies I legally bought and downloaded in divx format to dvd disks.They played fine in divx certified player hooked to tv.Crap being Crap it stopped working proper(DIVX not fully certified for vista?).Heard about imageburn & tried it.Cant get it to work right.It burns for about 10 min. and is done.Disk ofcoarse doesnt play in tv player.I read a lot here and tried things with no luck.Build mode,output to device,change file system to ISO 9660+Joliet+UDF...is what I tried.Not sure what other changes to program I should make.Can this program do what I want?Using the same brand,type blank disks that worked before.Sorry to rattle on so long.THANK YOU for any help I recieve........Steve

If your trying to convert dvd to avi then No ImgBurn will not be of use to you.

If you already have ISO of divx material then ImgBurn should work for you.

Post a log

Log can be found here C:\Documents and Settings\Ascii\Application Data\ImgBurn\Log Files\

replace ascii with your name (username) folder name

If your trying to convert dvd to avi then No ImgBurn will not be of use to you.

If you already have ISO of divx material then ImgBurn should work for you.

Post a log

Log can be found here C:\Documents and Settings\Ascii\Application Data\ImgBurn\Log Files\

replace ascii with your name (username) folder name

I am not trying to convert just burn them as is.They are avi. with divx codect already.I will try to post the log.Only 1 burn attempt made so far.I think I'm overlooking something basic.The only software I,ve used to burn things is free microsoft stuff,it always worked till now & you just add file & click burn nothing else to do.Sorry for the trouble and Thanks for the help......Steve

ImgBurn.log

Well the log shows you're using all 3 filesystems so the player should hopefully at least have something it can work with!

There's not really any reason for it to be failing, or at least none that I can think of.

You could try burning to a rewritable, going through the various different options for filesystems - i.e. Just ISO9660, then ISO9660 + Joliet etc etc.

It may also be a media issue whereby the player can't read the discs full stop.

What exactly does the player say when you put one of the burnt discs in it? Does it just give you an error code or does it show you files (but you can't then play them) ?

Well the log shows you're using all 3 filesystems so the player should hopefully at least have something it can work with!

There's not really any reason for it to be failing, or at least none that I can think of.

You could try burning to a rewritable, going through the various different options for filesystems - i.e. Just ISO9660, then ISO9660 + Joliet etc etc.

It may also be a media issue whereby the player can't read the discs full stop.

What exactly does the player say when you put one of the burnt discs in it? Does it just give you an error code or does it show you files (but you can't then play them) ?

When I put it in the player it starts to load & then freezes up.I have to turn player on&off &keep hitting "open" button to get disk to eject.Don't know if this means anything but when windows dvd maker was working it took 2-3 hours to burn a disk.When I tried Imageburn it was about a 10 minute burn.This was for a 60-90 minute movie.Not sure what you mean by "read the disks full stop".If only part of a dvd disk is used does it have to be closed or finalized or somthing to work proper?Device manager reports the burner on computer is working correct.Thank You for the replies......Steve

DVD Maker would have converted your files to a DVD Video format, that's why it takes so long.

ImgBurn is burning the files 'as-is', so they'll NOT be in DVD Video format.

>> It may also be a media issue whereby the player can't read the discs full stop.

I mean the drive can't read the discs - full stop (a.k.a. end of story).

If you made the avi yourself then go back and check the bitrate and resolution, some divx players will only playe files if res is under a certain limit and do this for bitrate as well as if its too high your player will not be able to play them.

You should also see if your player accepts anything encoded with quarter pixel (2 of mine do not though my players are 3 years old now)

Get hold of something called Gspot and dump the avi into it it will tell you loads about the file your trying to play

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.