cd/dvd burner runing in background??

Narria

I was reading the help question the person had that turned out he needed a dvd writer, but it led me to a question. I know i have a dvd burner, but have never used it as it is not my thing so never got software for it. however i did upgrade my roxio which supposedly lets you, but i can't i decided to try this image burn, but i either get the unable to recover TOC or no media. i know there's nothing wrong with my hardware, but i'm not sure if it is the discs of which i have tried 3 now or something else they are DVD-R. any suggestions or advise? it never occured to me that roxio or another program might automatically be formating the discs i am putting in, and since i use the discs to record on my dvd recorder (family video to dvd) i don't want to risk unnecessarily making them unusable if this is the case.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

First, get high quality media - Verbatim or Taiyo Yudens are the only ones we recommend.

Second make sure your firmware is up to date.

Third, ensure DMA is on for all IDE channels.

If you have a bad burn, post your log (accessible from the help menu).

Regards

First, get high quality media - Verbatim or Taiyo Yudens are the only ones we recommend.

Second make sure your firmware is up to date.

Third, ensure DMA is on for all IDE channels.

If you have a bad burn, post your log (accessible from the help menu).

Regards

I can't do anything about checking if the media is the problem till i can buy this Verbatim or Taiyo Yudens you recommend and try that

when i try to update my firmware i get a message telling me it is DE01 and then it takes me to a page that says the following:

Your search string is: CDRW/DVD TSL462C

The results are as follows:

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:39 pm Error while searching for data.

Sorry. The specified string could not be found.

i got this a few times as it was one of the first things i did after reading that other person's question and your responses.

though i am far from being a computer newbie i am also far from being an expert especially in this area... I know what IDE is but what is DMA and how do i make sure it is on for all IDE channels?

i can't give a log as i have not burned anything bad or good, but once i am able to try again i will keep that in mind in the meantime if i view the log this is what i find

I 19:19:58 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 19:19:58 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 19:19:58 Total Physical Memory: 1,039,740 KB - Available: 524,964 KB

I 19:19:58 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:19:58 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:19:59 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

all help and advise is appreciated as if nothing else it gives me something else to try.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.