Layer Cell Break Help

zack28

Hi all

I had a Raw DVI file (wedding 2 vhs tapes 5 hrs 10 mins total) file that was converted to 8.5gb VideoTS, so that i could burn it onto Verbatim DVD+R DL.

I had used Nero to encode the DVI, which it did so without any chapters and layer breaks. I was told to use Voblanker to create a Layerbreak

Which I have done Here (Please read)

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=83016

OK I have split cell 17 10 times at at 43,700 intervals at sector (rel) which has given me a Average Break.

Should I go back to Cell 17 and do another 10 spilts (so that i hit a good break) or should I burn, and what are the odd of getting a Average Break second time around

Also

I know that VHS quality is really low compared to DVD quality.... Can I just put the entire 5hrs 10mins wedding onto a Single DVD+R (4.5gb) and will it be vhs quality or lower

thanks

when I read your posts over at digital digest I kept thinking why is he even fooling with dvd dual layer?

compressing over 5 hours of video down to fit a single layer wouldn't be something I would want to attempt

however the obvious solution is to divide the video into 2 parts and burn to single layer

noone should complain about changing a disk in a 5 hour marathon of home video, if they do I will be glad to tear their arms out

Hi again Zack,

Don't worry about the break that it's "average" - that's all relative anyway. If truth be told, almost all commercial DVDs have "average" LBs. Just burn that baby.

In any event, you're not gunna hit any better than "average", cos you are splitting within a title (ie another 10 splits are useless).

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.