ImgBurn on Vista Premium x86

mcbert

Been looking for ths kinna software for atleast few months....Luk...u rocks!!! :thumbup:

I tried to build an image file from my old VCD, it works for the 1st copy but whn i tried the 2nd disc...i faced ths kinna massage:

"Cannot read from file G:\CDI\CDI_ALL.RTF"

"Reason: Incorrect function."

My quest is...:

1. Is ths bcoz of the VCD disc itself? or is thr setting/configuration tht i need to do on ths ImgBurn Software, whc i missed?

If thr is anyone who faced ths problm bfr, pls show me some lights.

My main intention to hav ths software is so tht i can keep most of my old VCDs as an .iso......image file. Not so much of a gamer.

Thx guys.

p/s: im noob... :unsure:

Are you reading in 'Build' mode or something?

If you want to copy a disc you use 'Read' mode - and if you try that you'll see VCD's aren't supported (yet - and certainly not as an ISO).

It would however get around any OS errors (which that is) and give you the real reason as to why a sector from that file could not be read.

Are you reading in 'Build' mode or something?

If you want to copy a disc you use 'Read' mode - and if you try that you'll see VCD's aren't supported (yet - and certainly not as an ISO).

It would however get around any OS errors (which that is) and give you the real reason as to why a sector from that file could not be read.

Thx for ur prompt reply LUK........... :thumbup:

As for my earlier problm, i suspected it should be caused by the disc itself. ...as i've tried to open the .RTL file (icon as in MS.Words) but its written as "Corrupted File". And since as explained earlier thn my prime intention is juz to copy those VCDs to my harddisk (transfer to external disk later), wht i did was....to "image" only the .DAT file under those MPEGV folder using ImgBurn (with Build Mode)..........and it works...... :pirate:

Ths could be knwn by othrs for yrs....but.......juz sharing the idea.

Those image files r stil stored as .ISO, meaning i can stil transfer it to those Virtual Drives and watch it on my Media Player.

Hehehehehe......thx again for ur support. Im sure im gonna stick to ImgBurn for many years to come.

Edited by mcbert

A VCD is NOT handled within the ISO container format.

At true VCD contains 2 different tracks, both with different sector format - an ISO can't represent that (not on it's own anyway).

Whilst it might work on some forgiving players to read/write the disc as a single track, I really wouldn't recommend it.

By copying the dat file, all you're doing is making a data disc, it's no longer a vcd. It's just a disc with mpeg content.

Yup, the next version can actually read it properly to a bin/cue and then burn it back from said bin/cue.

So if you just want to copy them, this will then do it.

You could also mount the cue in something like daemon tools and play it from the virtual drive as if it were a real vcd disc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.