Imgburn and the Liteon LH-20A1S

DuckFOO

I am trying to get Imgburn 2.3.2.0 and a Liteon LH-20A1S working together on a Vista x64 system. The Liteon drive has firmware 9L08, which is the newest as far as I can tell. Here are the symptoms:

- gets stuck on Synchronising Cache when writing to DVD+R disks.

- it can write and verify CD-Rs but Imgburn can't make the drive tray eject (even though during a CD burn, the log says "Cycling Tray before Verify..." and then "Device Ready!", as though it did).

-Vista can eject the drive tray

The DVD+Rs I am using are x8 Silver Thermal from Taiyo Yuden. The CD-Rs are some cheap Memorex ones from Best Buy.

Any ideas?

Press F8 when you think it's stuck doing the sync cache part. If it repeats a few lines in the log each second it's still busy and just bad reporting on the drives part if it really is done - either way, I can't do anything about that I'm afraid.

As for the ejecting / reinserting, i'll need a debug log for that portion of the burn (i.e. press F8 before it tries to eject and then again once it should have done it.)

What if you click the 'eject' button manually in the program? does that work then? (it's all the same commands internally)

Press F8 when you think it's stuck doing the sync cache part. If it repeats a few lines in the log each second it's still busy and just bad reporting on the drives part if it really is done - either way, I can't do anything about that I'm afraid.

As for the ejecting / reinserting, i'll need a debug log for that portion of the burn (i.e. press F8 before it tries to eject and then again once it should have done it.)

What if you click the 'eject' button manually in the program? does that work then? (it's all the same commands internally)

Hitting F8 showed my a bunch of repeating lines, so I guess I'm screwed with this drive. Here is the dialog box I see when I hit the manual eject button:

---------------------------
ImgBurn
I/O Error!

Device: [0:1:0] LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L08 (D:) (ATAPI)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 1B 01 00 00 02 00
Interpretation: Start/Stop Unit

Sense Area:
Interpretation: No Additional Sense Information
Retry   Cancel   

Edited by DuckFOO

I think that it is some kind of SPTI problem. I installed both the trial version of Elaborate Bytes' CloneDVD and VSO Inspector. After installing them, ImgBurn works fine with either the ElbyCDIO or Patin-Couffin interfaces selected in Settings/IO. If I reselect SPTI, it doesn't work again.

So there is something going on with SPTI and x64 on my particular computer, not with Imgburn. Thanks for the assistance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.