Choosing appropriate File System / Cyrillic?

SIMPLE_GUY

Hi there!

I'm little bit confused about choosing appropriate File System when burning discs. The only thing i know for sure is that 'ISO9660+UDF' must be chosen when burning DVD Video (IFO/BUP/VOB) files to a disc.

20071030180044im7.jpg

But what to choose when i burn data, say, Divx format movie, computer programs, pictures, documents etc...

And what to choose when i burn music to a CD disc?

And one more thing. I've read that ImgBurn supports Unicode.

It supports Unicode folder/file names, so you shouldn't run in to any problems if you're using an international character set.

But when specifying a volume label for the disc using cyrillic letters, after disc is burned i see strange name in 'My Computer' / 'Explorer' when the disc is in the drive.

88399846cq5.png

Am i missing something?

Thanks!

It really doesn't matter what you use for data. Just remember that if you want long file names and unicode support then you must have Joliet or UDF present on it.

As for the international chars, you need to make sure that unicode is still enabled for UDF! Look on the Restrictions tab.

I only use British English so it's hard for me to test these things myself but I've seen posts where it's been working fine for other languages.

Just remember that if you want long file names and unicode support then you must have Joliet or UDF present on it.

Yes. UDF was present on it.

As for the international chars, you need to make sure that unicode is still enabled for UDF! Look on the Restrictions tab.

Sorry, wasn't able to find the Restrictions tab. :(

Sorry, I can't do anything if the unicode part isn't working for you. The controls I'm using must just not support the ones you're typing in.

Just one more thing.

When i create ISO (image) on a hard drive with ImgBurn, cyrillics appear normal on image's volume label (i.e. it's name).

But if burning files directly to media with ImgBurn, cyrillics turn in to unreadable text on image's volume label in 'My Computer' / 'Explorer' when the disc is in the drive.

May be that will give you some idea?

Thanks!

Oh shit, hang on... you're burning a DVD Video disc yeah?

Yes.

Unicode is forced to 'off' on DVD Video discs as it's not supposed to use it.

So your Unicode text is being converted to Ascii.

I don't really understand all these things. But, is there a resolution to this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.