Freezes at 'Detecting Write Speed'

1977Nicky

Hi, I only started using ImgBurn yesterday in conjunction with DVDFlick. So DVDFLick gets to the finalising stage and opens ImgBurn. The log then gets to the 1 DVD-RW detected 1 CD detected, then it says (not in the log file but at the bottom of the ImgBurn window) that it is Detecting Write Speed and thats when everything stops - I left it working last night for 45 minutes but nothing changed, nothing was added to the log file so I gave up!

Is this because my Write Speed is set to MAX and not a specific speed? Also as I had to close the program down it obviously didn't finish the job. Do I need to start from the beginning with DVDFlick or can I use the files already created in the D:DVD folder (which include Video_TS files) to just burn?

Thanks

Edited by 1977Nicky

The word 'detecting' doesn't exist in ImgBurn's source code.

Could you please provide the real message. A screenshot of the main app window would be nice too, along with a copy + paste job of the text in the log window (open it via the 'View' menu if you've closed it - and then leave it open in future!)

Dammit - I knew that wasn't the exact error message but it was so late and I was so tired! It was definitely something to do with write speed and I think the first word began with 're .....' if that helps. Sorry I am being so vague.

I can't replicate this error until I get home and I really don't want to go through the whole DVDFLick process again as this takes just over an hour. I assume I can just open ImgBurn now that the files have been created and just try and burn the ISO file?

This is very similar (if not exact) to the log file I had:

I 21:45:25 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 21:45:25 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 21:45:25 Total Physical Memory: 457,456 KB - Available: 270,840 KB

I 21:45:25 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:45:25 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:45:25 Found 1 DVD±RW! 1 CD ROM!

Again, sorry if I am being vague, but I can't do this from work :-( Thanks for your help

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.