"Waiting for buffers to recover" at layer break position

triskaidekaphobia

Hi, first of all I would like to thank Lightning UK for the wonderful program that is ImgBurn!

OK, here's my problem (at least I think it's a problem...). I noticed on my last dual-layer burn that at EXACTLY 50% the main buffer went all the way down to 0, closely followed by the device buffer, and then the write speed. In the bottom corner of the window it said "waiting for buffers to recover", which took about 1 minute, then everything went back up to full and the burn completed without any more problems. Is this supposed to happen?

The layer-break position was at 50/50, so I was just wondering if this buffer issue could be anything to do with that. The PC wasn't doing anything else during the burn, and there were no other applications running except for my Antivirus.

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, 2GB of RAM, and a 400GB Seagate SATA HDD (defragged and with plenty of free space). I was using a Pioneer DVR-111, with Verbatim DVD+DL at 2.4x burn speed. My harddisk and my writer are both using DMA not PIO.

Any suggestions, or is this normal?

I will look out for what happens to the buffer on my next DL burn.

Many thanks

Edited by triskaidekaphobia

Or you had a virus scan scheduled or it was updating via internet or something else was using internet or you have errors on your hard drive.

Maybe try removing ide controller even if windows said it was in DMA and let it pick up your storage hardware again.

Look to see if there are any updates to IDE drivers / Intel storage / chipset drivers etc.

OK thanks for your replies everyone. I tried installing the latest Matrix Storage drivers (Vista 32-bit) but the installed told me "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements".... I already have the latest chipset drivers. Where can I find IDE drivers?

Anyway, I will see what happens next time I burn a DVD.

Thanks

Edited by triskaidekaphobia

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.