failed to set write parimeters

tony123

You're gonna need to enable I/O debug mode (press the F8 key) AND THEN start a burn so I can see why the command keeps failing.

If you've enabled it correctly you should see loads more stuff going into the log window (which you should keep open!).

Upload the new log when it's ready. Thanks.

You're gonna need to enable I/O debug mode (press the F8 key) AND THEN start a burn so I can see why the command keeps failing.

If you've enabled it correctly you should see loads more stuff going into the log window (which you should keep open!).

Upload the new log when it's ready. Thanks.

I did what you said to do with the F8 key and tried to burn here is the new log please help thanks alot

ImgBurn.log

I'm seeing lots of these errors...

Logical Unit Communication CRC Error (ULTRA-DMA/32)

To be honest, I've never seen those from USB drives!

You might want to double check your cables (and that they're seated properly).

I assume it's a real external drive rather than one you've put together yourself?

Oh and don't forget to disable I/O debug mode again. It slows things down a lot.

I'm seeing lots of these errors...

Logical Unit Communication CRC Error (ULTRA-DMA/32)

To be honest, I've never seen those from USB drives!

You might want to double check your cables (and that they're seated properly).

I assume it's a real external drive rather than one you've put together yourself?

Oh and don't forget to disable I/O debug mode again. It slows things down a lot.

it is a real external drive that i bought 4 days ago i was able to burn 2 movies and now the error the cables are seated my other drive that came with the computer burns fine but the new i get these errors i have probably wasted 15 blanks please help

There's nothing I can do I'm afraid, this is just some issue with your setup.

DMA errors are normally always corrected by replacing the IDE cable to the drive with a decent/new 80 wire one and uninstalling + reinstalling the IDE controller in device manager.

With a USB drive, it's not going to be as simple as that.

The USB part doesn't have DMA issues so I can only assume it's something inside the enclosure (i.e. between the usb -> ide chip and the drive itself). My advice....take the drive back and get a different one - TOTALLY different.

Try switching to wnaspi32 instead of SPTI in the I/o settings in ImgBurn and also change the usb2 cable.

Update the firmware in drive to latest if you have not already.

I had the very uncommon Logical Unit Communication CRC Error (ULTRA-DMA/32) whilst using one of my drives in usb enclosure (rare you see this) but fixed it by doing the above OR more than likely swapping enclosure to a different chipset)

If after the above you still get those errors send it back and buy a different one.

I would avoid getting the exact same one again as if it is chipset related it's gonna do it again.

You can download wnaspi32 from nero's site or google it

Try switching to wnaspi32 instead of SPTI in the I/o settings in ImgBurn and also change the usb2 cable.

Update the firmware in drive to latest if you have not already.

I had the very uncommon Logical Unit Communication CRC Error (ULTRA-DMA/32) whilst using one of my drives in usb enclosure (rare you see this) but fixed it by doing the above OR more than likely swapping enclosure to a different chipset)

If after the above you still get those errors send it back and buy a different one.

I would avoid getting the exact same one again as if it is chipset related it's gonna do it again.

You can download wnaspi32 from nero's site or google it

i do not understand should i return this drive to the store and get a different brand or get the same brand i contacted memorex and they think it i a defective unit after about20 calls to them for support

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.