Explain error message, pls.

Bob Hope

When I tried to burn a CD-R with my Plextor Premium2, ImgBurn 2.4.0.0 showed the message

Optimum Power Calibration Failed!

Reason: No Seek Complete

Can please someone explain what "no seek complete" means? I've found this searching the forum in combination with other errors, as well. Unfortunately no explanation. (You did try to help people with their problem, but for now I'm intersted in what this phrase means.)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Robert

It means the drive can't get a fix on whatever it's trying to write to.

Is the firmware up-to-date on the drive?

Are you using decent discs?

Maybe the Plextor doesn't handle the command very well, in which case just click ignore/continue and let it try burning to the disc anyway.

Thank you, LIGHTNING_UK!

Sorry, English isn't my mother tongue, so bare with me. "can't get a fix" = "cannot finish" or "doesn't succed in" - right?

I think in my current state you can't help me, because I have multiple problems that are not Imgburn's concern. Imgburn was just the only program to give some helpful message, while the others just went "kaboom". Thought it would be even more helpful in case I understood it ;)

Regards,

Robert

Not quite... 'can't get a fix on' is the same as 'can't lock onto'. (Think 'satellites' :) )

So basically it's trying to position the laser over a certain something on the media but is unable to do so.

In very basic terms, it could be trying to write to sector 2 but keeps landing on sector 1 or 3.

Just give clicking 'Continue/Ignore' a shot and if you than get another error message later on, get back to us with that one :)

In very basic terms, it could be trying to write to sector 2 but keeps landing on sector 1 or 3.

That was clear, thanx.

Just give clicking 'Continue/Ignore' a shot...

This could solve PART of my problems. In fact I suspect my Plextors try to be intelligent (I hate intelligent machines). If they aren't satisfied with their OPC thing, they refuse to burn at all (instead of burning right away with some standard settings, as stupid CD burners would do).

However, I want to be short. I have some other probs, as well, including a nice amount of irreprodicibility ;) I want to narrow things down and will post then. I think it's more appropriate for the CD-freaks forum (as this is not an Imgburn problem), but I can post a link here, as well.

Regards,

Robert

Correction: I was wrong with my guess about OPC. In fact ALL writers perform OPC. I've learnt this from a very interesting posting about OPC. You can find it here:

Running Optimum Power Control

Edited by Bob Hope

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.