Crc error:? 360 backup burn

KaP10

hello i'm trying to burn a back up of a 360 game and keep getting crc errors. it then retries and writes and works untill another error. the burn will go to 100% and then verify a 100% but it doesnt work. I've burnt 100's of 360backups before using clonecd with out a problem but for some reason clone cd would not burn this image. i try'd 3 differnt computers and they all fail'd using clone cd. even different versions of clone cd. Which leads me to believe that the image is bad.. The only thing is i have made one working backup of the image a month ago and havnt changed anything.

I'm using Memorex + R DL from futureshop / bestbuy.. i have allways used them and have never ahd a problem

here's what img burns's long says

I 19:14:53 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 19:14:53 Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 19:14:53 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,680 KB - Available: 1,375,108 KB

I 19:14:53 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:14:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:14:53 Found 1 DVD

I 19:25:49 Destination Device: [1:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H50L 1.00 (F:) (ATA)

After you've sorted your cable/dma issue, you might want to update your burner's firmware to the latest version (1.01), as that ensures better burns even on low quality media as yours. To be on the safe side, boot in Safe Mode, remove any disc from the drive and close the tray before updating the firmware.

Hmm I think you might have some sort of DMA issue.

Check/replace the cable going to the drive and follow the DMA post in the FAQ about uninstalling the controller.

ok well i checked the cable and it seems to be fine.. just built this system a month ago. This is a fresh install as of today. When i looked in device manager there are 6 ide controllers 2 sata and 1 duel channel pcide controller. i will try uninstalling the controller as soon as this image is finished burning. 91% now. and see if that helps along with updating the firmware. i looked in the properties of all the ide controllers and 3/6 had dma cheacked and the other 3 had nothing in them? should there even be 6+?

during the verify i got an io error i uploaded a Screen shot of it and here is the rest of the log

I 19:14:53 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 19:14:53 Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 19:14:53 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,680 KB - Available: 1,375,108 KB

I 19:14:53 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:14:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:14:53 Found 1 DVD

post-11067-1205281564_thumb.jpg

ok well the disk works in the xbox360. so the burn worked.. but it cant verify. When i uninstalled the controllers and restarted they came back as ata channel 0 and ata channel 1 which is what there supposed to be as i remember them. not sure if it fixed the problem as i ahve to leave but i will try another burn 2morrow and let you know

ok well i checked the cable and it seems to be fine.. just built this system a month ago

You will need to take that cable off and put a new 80 wire cable back on.

Use standard MS drivers for IDE/SATA etc.

Update your moterboard's bios. Update the drives firmware.

ok well i checked the cable and it seems to be fine.. just built this system a month ago

You will need to take that cable off and put a new 80 wire cable back on.

Use standard MS drivers for IDE/SATA etc.

Update your moterboard's bios. Update the drives firmware.

I have updated me drives firmware and my motherboard's bios. and i have uninstalled my ide/sata controllers and let windows reinstall them and find the newest ones. And am still getting this error. I dont really want to replace the cable as i have it running under the motherboard ( try'd to hide as many cables as possible). but i will try a new cable and not worry about the mess for the time being. If the new cable doest solve the problem do you have any other ideas? And Ty for your help so far

What controller is it actually connected to? My jmicron one gave me the same problem, hence why I don't use it. It probably only likes short cables and mine have to be quite long because i have a huge case.

Look in your motherboard manual and find out which IDE socket is which if you have a few of them.

What controller is it actually connected to? My jmicron one gave me the same problem, hence why I don't use it. It probably only likes short cables and mine have to be quite long because i have a huge case.

Look in your motherboard manual and find out which IDE socket is which if you have a few of them.

Mine is also Jmicron jmb363 pata/sata. on an asus p5b delux motherboard. if it is in fact that messing up how would i get around that? could i just not use udma as i'm burning at aslow speeds anyways?

Edited by KaP10

i shortend hte cable by about an 2 inches by using the middle connector insted of the end one and it seems to be burning perfectly fine now allthough this screws up the look of my case :(. but its working now without error and thats the main thing ty for your help... cable must have been too long

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.