Optimum Power error

alexh

First I get a message saying 'optimum power cailbration failed'. I skip it, and continue to get this:

------------------------------

I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B A111 (E:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 02 20 00 00 20 00

Interpretation: Write (10) -Sectors: 544-575

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 10 35 2D 00 0E 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Write error

-------------------------------

What in the world do I need to do to make this thing write my ISO?

Hi and welcome to the forum, alexh! :)

You could post the full log. You find it here: Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

It looks as your driver don't like the brand of discs.

Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B A111 (E:) (ATA)

Last firmware for that driver seems to be A117 and you have A111.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1841

If you update the firmware:

• No disc in the driver
  • All other programs closed
  • Tray closed

:)

EDIT: Just saw that you posted the log in this thread: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6307

Seen some logs before and it seems that your burner don't like that brand of media even after a firmware update.

I 22:41:37 Destination Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B A111 (E:) (ATA)

I 22:41:37 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 4x)

Thank you so much Cynthia.

I did not realize I had made two topics until I noticed when I submitted the other that it told me that the moderator/admin needed to approve the topic before allowing it to be seen, and I had thought it was only an error.

But I have decided that if I cant get my drive to open today I will just buy a new one that actually does something useful instead of provide a headache. I hate it.

The fact that different drives 'prefer' different brands of cds perplexes me.

:/ Not any more than it does us...imagine us, sitting here giving advice out to hundreds of people and then running into an anomalous disc/drive/firmware preference problem just because some manufacturers can't get their act together enough to follow accepted specs..... :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.