DL DVD burning issue

cheffer

Howdy y'all, I was wondering if I could get some help with an image I'm trying to burn. Any help that you can offer would be much appreciated. Here's the log file of the error I'm getting:

I 22:19:30 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 22:19:30 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 22:19:30 Total Physical Memory: 392,692 KB - Available: 78,752 KB

W 22:19:30 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 22:19:30 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:19:30 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:19:30 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

I 22:20:39 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 4x)

Try with Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x MKM-001-00 Made in Singapore and it should work :thumbup:

lol, so is it a bad thing that I just bought a lot more of these particular dual layer DVDs? :D

Hmm, since I can't try to Verbatim solution tonight, are there any other possible solutions to this issue? I know my cousins burner (whatever it is) can burn the exact same image file on the same media without issue.

Looks as an old burner to me. Released 2004? Doubt you find any new firmware that supports your current brand of discs. Perhaps buy the same burner as your cousin have?

:)

Hmm, I'll try to find out exactly what he has. All I know is that he has an LG burner.

What sort of burner would you guys suggest for burning my 360 images?

Thanks for all the help!

For your current media - NEC/BenQ/LG/Samsung/Lite-On.

A NEC/Optiarc AD-7170A would give you 88% in quality rating. The others around 85%. So your current media is not really a high quality media.

For your current media - NEC/BenQ/LG/Samsung/Lite-On.

A NEC/Optiarc AD-7170A would give you 88% in quality rating. The others around 85%. So your current media is not really a high quality media.

I thank you very much for your help! :)

Howdy y'all,

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm going to go pick up my new burner tonight and wanted to just check with you guys before I go and do it. The one I'm looking at is the LG2022 20X DUAL LAYER DVD

Try a pioneer 112 or 115 if you main aim is 360 backups on quality media verbatim 2.4

The lg drives I have see them as 4x and will not allow 2.4x

Might not be the same with the LG drive your looking to buy. I just know my pioneer 111,112,115 all burn MKM-001-00 made in Singapore and only 1 out of say 230 have failed and the 1 that failed was verify mis-compare which was down to dodgy DDR memory.

TBH I have not burnt any Verbatim 2.4x disc's in my LG drives (have looked to see how they get recognised etc) but as I am down to my last 70 MIS ones and I don't want to waste a single one as I paid

Thanks for the reply!

I wound up getting the LG drive and so far it seems to work perfectly! :)

I would prefer having the Verbatim discs as well, but as I mentioned earlier I had just bought quite a few of these other discs, and those Verbatim discs are bloody expensive!

So far this media seems to be working out, but I'll give it a good testing this weekend.

Thanks to everyone for the replies!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.