power calibration area failure

noguru

hi,Could someone please tell me what this error is?I have used IMG burn to burn many dvds but this time its failing to burn and I dont understand why?

your help would be appreciated.I 11:36:22 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 11:36:22 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:36:22 Total Physical Memory: 456,812 KB - Available: 62,956 KB

I 11:36:22 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:36:22 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:36:22 Found 1 DVD

I 11:36:33 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: SONY-D21-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

Throw that disc in the garbage and try burning another one at 4x speed (you can also try 2.4x or 6x). If that doesn't work, try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks :)

Unfortunately laptop burners are picky about the media they're capable of burning, and if you're going to burn more DVDs you'd be better off buying an external burner.

I wouldn't spend any high quality brand discs on that burner.

TYG02 (Taiyo Yuden) burned on a Matshita UJ-841S.

Thanks for your replies.I tried to burn @4x but received the same error.I changed the disk so that didnt help either.I know its an older burner as the laptop is a few yrs old now but had little use.Only just started burning stuff and have had good results with the sony disks before.

Whats the chance its something to do with the conversion from avi to ISO?

I have this networked with another computer and just installed a new burner in it.Is there a way I can save the original file(avi) to transfer back to the main pc?

Sorry but my nickname really means what it says!Quite the novice here but a pretty quick learner all the same :rolleyes:

I really appreciate your help.

If you have the both computers on the same network - why not transfer the ISO file over to the one with a newer burner?

That there should be a problem with the conversation from AVI to ISO should be something you notice first when you play the burned disc (crappy video, no sound or something similar). ImgBurn only tries to burn the ISO and currently your burner don't want that to happen. So try to burn the ISO from your 'new' computer.

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.