Any Way Around an ERROR message?

mima

After 99% of the DVD is copied I get an "Uncorrectable Error" message. Is it possible to adjust the recording so that I can continue to record the DVD disc to a file? Thank you very much for any help and advice.

Click Ignore / Continue?

My options were "TRY AGAIN" or "CONTINUE" both of which I tried several times with no luck. I also went to settings and checked IGNORE READ NESSAGES again with no luck. Any other sugestions? Thanks very much for your help.

Every time you click 'Continue' it moves onto the next sector.

So it IS getting around it, you just have lots of errors in a row.

Keep clicking Continue until it's finished.

If you like, change the default number of software retries to make it faster. Set it to 2 or something.

Every time you click 'Continue' it moves onto the next sector.

So it IS getting around it, you just have lots of errors in a row.

Keep clicking Continue until it's finished.

If you like, change the default number of software retries to make it faster. Set it to 2 or something.

I did as you suggested (I set RETRIES to zero )

and after I clicked the CONTINUE button three times it asked if I wanted the program to automatically disregard the errors - I clicked YES and now after three hours it has accumulated ove 4000 errors and is still counting!!! ..... Is there anything I can do? Thanks for your help.

You can try ISOPuzzle to read bad disks - often a different drive will read the bad bits. But it sounds like you're trying to read lousy media that was burned too close to the edge. I must say that I don't like your chances with 4,000 errors though.

Regards

at this point... give up!

If it's at 99% and all you're getting is read errors, just cancel it and then don't delete the image when it prompts.

You'll have most of what was on the disc.

Thanks for your help....

You can try ISOPuzzle to read bad disks - often a different drive will read the bad bits. But it sounds like you're trying to read lousy media that was burned too close to the edge. I must say that I don't like your chances with 4,000 errors though.

Regards

Thanks very much.... I will try it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.