I/O Error!

KayEmX

I don't really know why this is giving me this error all of sudden. Last month it worked great but I just now got some more double layer's. I'm using Memorex DL + R's. At 2.4x. Here's the log.

I 16:38:22 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 16:38:22 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:38:22 Total Physical Memory: 2,078,460 KB - Available: 1,303,584 KB

W 16:38:22 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 16:38:23 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:38:23 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:38:23 Found 1 DVD

I'm using Memorex DL + R's

I'n not normally in favour of monopolies, but as far as I am concerned they ought to ban anyone other than Verbatim from making a DL disc.

Oh! And of course, ImgBurn!!! :D :D :D

Regards

I 16:44:03 Destination Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H21N 1.00 (E:) (ATA)

There should be a later firmware for that burner. Is it an original one or is it an OEM?

Original, I'm not too sure where to look :(. Thanks for the advice, I'll pick up some verbs tomorrow. But it's weird because I burned a .dvd onto a Memorex DL last month and it worked, maybe it's my firmware?

My guess is that the latest one should be 1.06 as you have 1.00 now - see this thread

http://forum.imgburn.com/lofiversion/index.php/t2394.html

The current issue is that the web page with that firmware is down at the moment - so try to look at that page when it's up and running again.

Edit: When you look for Verbatims - go for the 2.4x rated made in Singapore. Avoid the Indian ones and the 8x rated ones.

:)

My guess is that the latest one should be 1.06 as you have 1.00 now - see this thread

http://forum.imgburn.com/lofiversion/index.php/t2394.html

The current issue is that the web page with that firmware is down at the moment - so try to look at that page when it's up and running again.

Edit: When you look for Verbatims - go for the 2.4x rated made in Singapore. Avoid the Indian ones and the 8x rated ones.

:)

Oh ok, Thanks a ton, you rock :P.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.