Writed DL disk can not be read by computer

mossberg

I writed 8xDVD+R DL (Verbatim) by Imgburn 2.4.1.0. All was as usually. Mode: write from files to disk. I writed by this mode any disks - all was ok. At this time writing speed increase due to 10x (while it was setuped 4x) and device buffer was empty since all the writing. After the writing stage verification shows error. Content of DVD can`t be see by computer but film sucsessfully plays by BBK dvd player. May be this happened because free space on each hard drives on computer was less than 2 Gb? Please comment this trouble.

keep an eye on the progess bar when doing firmware update to 1.05 if it halts at 6-10% with an error do not worry the drive still works and will be recognised as updated to 1.05 but take it out of the machine you have it in and flash in another computer till 100%

I 12:49:08 Destination Device: [0:1:0] HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N 1.02 (H:) (ATA)

I 12:49:08 Destination Media Type: None!

Looks as the burner failed to identify the media.

There is a later firmware version, ver 1.05. (If it's not an OEM writer).

http://se.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp

:)

Thanks! But I want to know why it begins the process of writing while it don`t know destination media tape. And I don`t know is this bug fixed in new firmware version, if this effect is bug not a fiture.

You need to update firmware to find that out. That is why they generally release updates for drives and media reliability.

Select your product type to see the list of installation programs for each product.

Subject New firmware (ver. 1.05) for only GSA-H55N(Internal 20X Super multi DVD Writer)

Product DVD-ROM(Writer)

Operating System Windows 2000

Windows XP

Windows Vista

File Name GSA-H55N 1.05(EW).zip

I wrote by this writer near 15 disks MKM 003. All Verbatim and from the same box. So there is not nesessary talk that writer knows this kind of disk. IMHO upgrading of the firmware with serious reason or without it - is no good way to understand cause of the trouble and fix it. Now I wrote same DVD sucsessfuly. Senks for your answers

Edited by mossberg

You update the firmware because the manufacturer often determines a better way to write to that media. It is a seamless thing to do - don't worry, we have all done it dozens of times before.

Just make sure there's no blanks in the drive and the drive is connected as Master. Reboot afterwards. It'll take next to no time.

Having said that, you may have some bad media or there's something wrong with the drive.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.